Mini Maker Faire

  • Frances Bloomer
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9, 2013
      Hi all-

      I got a letter from Kami Wilt, producer for Austin Mini Maker FaIre. a smaller version of the MF we attended some years ago. She wants to know if we would like to "put together a booth again to showcase your work in lacemaking, and perhaps teach others your craft in some neat and hands-on way." This will be Sunday May 5th at the Palmer Events Center.

      You all might want to discuss this, as the deadline is March 15th. To register, go here and fill out the form: http://austinmakerfaire.com/makers/ For questions, Kami@... or 512-576-6169.

      They haven't put up ticket prices yet, but the parking is 7.00. Man, I hate things like that. Who's got any money once you get inside? (I know, I know- too many memories of Austin back when you could get into a City Garage Sale for less than a dollar- and parking was free.)

      Those of you who went to the 2008 Faire will need to help decide if this would be worth going to. It doesn't say whether you can sell things or not on this website.

      Suggestion: if you can sell, make up a beginner kit and include a certificate for an hour of free instructions. (Like we're not going to give them that anyway.) The point is to get them to come to meetings instead of sitting at home struggling with instructions and then giving up.

      Fran
    • jsimonpurple
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 10, 2013
        If someone wanted to make pillows, you can get ethafoam, which they use to make lace pillows now:
        http://www.ashleydistributors.com/foam.php

        Simon