Dallas February 9th lace day

  • FB
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 16, 2008
      Hi all.

      Got a call from Dallas today. Last week, they had gotten a call from
      Tracy of The Lacemaker who is going through the area on her way to the
      SCA War in Arizona. She asked if they would like to hold a lace day,
      maybe with some mini-classes, which she could supply and teach.

      They are going ahead- they got lucky and got a room at the Plano
      Marriot. This will be on February 9th. The class will be Elizabethan
      lace, fee $20.00, 10AM to 1PM. There is no class limit but they would
      like to have an idea of how many are interested. Sales hours, free
      admittance, 9Am to 4PM. There are lots of nearby restaurants for lunch.
      Rooms can be had at the Marriott, or there are other hotels nearby.
      The guild will be sending me further info next week.

      I call that a bit cheeky, a vendor asking a group if they want to do the
      work to arrange a lace day on very short notice. I've known vendors who
      set up the whole thing themselves, including advance publicity that they
      would be in the area on a date selected by the group, and had no one
      show up.

      Anyway, if you are interested, you need to either email Kathy Morris of
      the Dallas group, or let me know so I can pass it on. I will be minding
      table at the EGA show, so I can't go.

      The Dallas guild was also starting to try and book teachers and found
      out that most everyone is booked through this year already. So while I
      had her on the phone, I asked her to pass on to her members that we were
      looking into teachers for Camp 2009, and if they had any preferences to
      let us know.

      Fran
    • Mlkquilts@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 17, 2008
        Hi Fran,

            Sounds interesting and I would have been interested, but I already have plans for that weekend involving my son and an Anime Convention.  I will be working for a vendor there who is paying for my admission.
            She could of at least given the Dallas group more advance notice, but I don't really see how this is much different from Vera contacting us to see if we wanted her to teach us a class while she was here in the states last year. Except a lace day can be a bit more work.
            Thanks for telling us and I hope they have people show up.

        Michelle

      • karissem
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 17, 2008
          Hi, you all, Feb. 9th is a saturday and it is only two and a half
          hours from here to Dallas. I would like to go but I want other people
          to go with me, I hate going alone. So if any of you southern belles
          want to come Friday night and stay at my house and leave in the
          morning and then stay at my house on Saturday night I would be glad
          to house you. I can't offer Paul's pancakes because he will be gone
          to consel that Saturday. But for only being 2 hours away and only
          20.00 for some lessons and an opportunity to shop, I would like to
          go. I am sorry Fran that you won't be able to be there. Do you want
          us to take some broceres (sp) for you and advertize your lovely
          stuff? I think I will get some prizes for those who finish their
          hearts from Feb. meeting. Ha, ha, that sounds like a great idea.

          Karisse

          --- In AustinLace@yahoogroups.com, FB <knotwork@...> wrote:

          > Hi all.
          >
          > Got a call from Dallas today. Last week, they had gotten a call
          from
          > Tracy of The Lacemaker who is going through the area on her way to
          the
          > SCA War in Arizona. She asked if they would like to hold a lace
          day,
          > maybe with some mini-classes, which she could supply and teach.
          >
          > They are going ahead- they got lucky and got a room at the Plano
          > Marriot. This will be on February 9th. The class will be
          Elizabethan
          > lace, fee $20.00, 10AM to 1PM. There is no class limit but they
          would
          > like to have an idea of how many are interested. Sales hours, free
          > admittance, 9Am to 4PM. There are lots of nearby restaurants for
          lunch.
          > Rooms can be had at the Marriott, or there are other hotels
          nearby.
          > The guild will be sending me further info next week.
          >
          > I call that a bit cheeky, a vendor asking a group if they want to
          do the
          > work to arrange a lace day on very short notice. I've known
          vendors who
          > set up the whole thing themselves, including advance publicity that
          they
          > would be in the area on a date selected by the group, and had no
          one
          > show up.
          >
          > Anyway, if you are interested, you need to either email Kathy
          Morris of
          > the Dallas group, or let me know so I can pass it on. I will be
          minding
          > table at the EGA show, so I can't go.
          >
          > The Dallas guild was also starting to try and book teachers and
          found
          > out that most everyone is booked through this year already. So
          while I
          > had her on the phone, I asked her to pass on to her members that we
          were
          > looking into teachers for Camp 2009, and if they had any
          preferences to
          > let us know.
          >

          > Fran

        • isabell sandoval
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 17, 2008
            Karisse,
            Is this just a lace day with a class?  I would love to go to the lace day.  I love to buy!!!
            I need size 50 thread.
            I need the exit to the church for this Sat.    Michelle and Joy will not be coming.  I guess I will go on my own.
            Isabell.