Round Rock bead shop

  • Frances Bloomer
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2012
      Hi all-

      I finally got into the Beads by Intrinsic shop. It is at 620 and I35, just a block off the highway in the credit union shopping strip, just past the railroad tracks. 10-6 most days except Sunday, but they will be closed the 4th.

      The best description of this place is an imported bead rummage sale. Tables containing piles of hanks of beads. Most are sold by the strand. They do have some pendants, cabs, etc, but the majority of their stock is strands of all sorts of beads, from super cheap to seriously expensive.

      There are some findings, a few in brassy gold, most in pewter-looking base metal. And they're in bulk, so don't bother if you just need a few of something. But if you need lots of charms or spacers or certain findings, a 4.00 bag gets you a lot.

      There are a few beads sold individually, today it was mostly the Pandora style in a few patterns, prices from .50 to 2.00 each.

      This is a place where you must be prepared to have a few lost beads out of some of the strands. The more expensive strands looked better, of course, and they do have a nice selection of pearls.

      Don't forget the Georgetown Gem and Mineral show, February 18-19. There are usually a number of dealers with beads as well as a few findings.

      Fran