pretty lace

  • deanna7 Cohen
    Message 1 of 7 , May 14, 2011
      Some pretty lace. especially the last photo. does anyone know what type of lace that is?

      http://blog.muppin.com/2011/05/vintage-lace.html

      deanna

      My Blog:   http://eclectic-meanderings.blogspot.com/

      "A primary method for gaining a mind full of
      peace is to practice emptying the mind."

      — Napoleon Hill

    • Susan Tennison
      Message 2 of 7 , May 14, 2011
        Parts of it look like it is crocheted.  Did anyone else answer?  I couldn't blow the picture up enough to really look closely.  Sure was pretty.

        Susan....

      • Fairyring50@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , May 15, 2011
          I was able to zoom in very close and I would agree that it is crochet.

          Denise

          Sent from my iPod

          On May 14, 2011, at 11:35 AM, deanna7 Cohen <deanna7@...> wrote:

          Some pretty lace. especially the last photo. does anyone know what type of lace that is?

          http://blog.muppin.com/2011/05/vintage-lace.html

          deanna

          My Blog:   http://eclectic-meanderings.blogspot.com/

          "A primary method for gaining a mind full of
          peace is to practice emptying the mind."

          — Napoleon Hill

        • Karisse Moore
          Message 4 of 7 , May 16, 2011
            I have been away at my youngest son's graduation and now I have all three sons graduated from college. YEAH.

            I loved the pictures of lace you sent. I think the lace in the last photo is maltise lace. The leaf crosses are very typical of that lace. It is also made with silk thread that is either really white or ecru like that one is. In the lower middle you can see the typical maltise cross too. I have a piece of this kind of lace. It is wonderful.

            Karisse

              From: KarisseM@...
              Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 19:09:29 -0500
              Subject: Re: [AustinLace] pretty lace

              Message 6 of 7 , May 16, 2011
                Here are a couple of pictures of my lace.

                 See the cross in the circle?

                 Check out the leaves in the square. They are typically maltise.

                Enjoy, Karisse

                To: AustinLace@yahoogroups.com
                From: KarisseM@...
                Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 19:09:29 -0500