Spanish Implements of Lace-ture

  • Pat T
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2011
      Those who attended last Tuesday’s LLI Bobbin Lace Class with Karin H. might remember some prints I brought from the facebook entries of a lady from Spain (Benalmádena).

      First Encajeras Ibn Al Baytar asked me to accept her as a friend that morning, since we had many mutual friends in the lace world I said yes, and then she added me to the Group Encajeras_Bolilleras.

      One of the pictures showed the work on what appears to be a pair of gloves. That was part of what caught my attention, the other was the travel pillows they were using.

      Having commented on the beautiful lace work before the class, I went back and commented on the pillows.

      Encajeras sent me the link to a store in Spain so I could look at the whole pillows.

      Now some of you will know I have 60 12cm Spainish bobbins I bought from The LaceMaker (http://tinyurl.com/5sly9m2) in Cortland, OH. I also have all the makings for what is apparently called a Long Pillow in Spain. I am using the pattern by Antje González (TRADITIONAL SPANISH PILLOW). Of course I was also hoping to see the whole easel so I could make something similar but I was waiting until I actually made the pillow before bothering Antje.

      Knowing who most of us are I am sure you will have a look around Artesania El Boixet, but please have a look at the travel pillow under “other pillows” and the “pillow easels”. I think they are wonderful. The travel pillow at this shop is a bit more refined than the rustic ones in the picture I brought, which did not have the little legs.

      As an added bonus there is a pillow I was saw on eBay that I thought was was really nice and there are similar but nicer pillows under “roll pillows”, the one on eBay was definitely a homemade pillow, so very nice in and of itself.

      I also think I can get bulk bobbins for a lot less, though I am not sure of the postage.

      Have a great weekend (ours is an AISD four day weekend).

      TTFN
      Pat T.