Hilary Davies' class.........

  • karenhic
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2010
      Lacers,

      I finished "Lady Blue" last night. Have posted it to my folder, Kruzin Karen. When I started the upper wing, I was looking for a "Margaret's gizmo" to hold the threads. I came across a "Thread Stop" I had received at the I.O.L.I. conference in Oklahoma. I had forgotten all about it. So you can see a couple of photos of it also. All three photos are the last ones in my folder. Enjoy..............
    • deanna7 Cohen
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2010
        Magnificent job on the butterfly, but I expected no less from you. And those are some beautiful 'thread stops'.

        deanna

        "The only things in my life that compatibly exists with this grand universe are the creative works of the human spirit."
        Ansel Adams

        My Blog:   http://eclectic-meanderings.blogspot.com/

        To: AustinLace@yahoogroups.com
        From: karenhic@...
        Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 21:40:07 +0000
        Subject: [AustinLace] Hilary Davies' class.........

        Lacers,

        I finished "Lady Blue" last night. Have posted it to my folder, Kruzin Karen. When I started the upper wing, I was looking for a "Margaret's gizmo" to hold the threads. I came across a "Thread Stop" I had received at the I.O.L.I. conference in Oklahoma. I had forgotten all about it. So you can see a couple of photos of it also. All three photos are the last ones in my folder. Enjoy..............

      • Sarah Hubbert
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2010
          Absolutely beautiful!  I was wondering where to get thread stops?  See you next Tuesday

          Sarah

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2010
            Lovely "Thread Stop", made me think of some of those Japanese Brush rest
            I've seen, Ok I have a sea serpent.

            I will probably go ahead and try the Planky, but I do think the stop should
            be thicker. I picked up a 3" x 24" plank of 3/8" bubinga to use for mine
            when I went to get some carnuba wax for my flutes. I needed to spend at
            least $25 to use the $10 off coupon so I bought the bubinga (I have two
            recorders in this wood). A half pound of Carnuba wax is $19.99.

            I did finish spangling all my bobbins tonight. That was nice.

            I look forward to seeing "Lady Blue" in person.

            TTFN
            Pat T.