Re: some beautiful lace

  • karenhic
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3, 2010
      Laurie,

      Are you able to take the picture of your piece and send an inquiry about the pattern to the flicker site?

      --- In AustinLace@yahoogroups.com, Laurie Bluth <laurie9883@...> wrote:

      > Wow! These are wonderful, took me an age to go through all of them.
      >
      > Miss Karisse, the piece I am making on my roller pillow is among them! Wish
      > I knew how to contact the gal who made it and see if she has the pattern.
      >

      > Loving life,
      > Laurie
      >

      > On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 9:14 AM, deanna7 Cohen <deanna7@...> wrote:
      >

      > > *Thought you all might enjoy these photos that were posted by a member of
      > > my Arachne Lace Group.*
      > >
      > > **
      > > the man who runs the bobbinlace group on flickr has just posted photos of
      > > the
      > > lace exhibition recently at Idrija. Quite a few photos. Some very
      > > interesting modern designs, as well as the expected tradfitional type. Also
      > > photo from the permanent lace exhibit at Idrija.
      > > http://www.flickr.com/groups/bobbinlace/pool/
      > >
      > > *deanna *
      > > *"You can chain me, you can torture me, you can
      > > even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind."
      > > — Mahatma Gandhi:*
      > > *My Blog:* http:// <http://eclectic-meanderings.blogspot.com/>
      > > eclectic-meanderings.blogspot.com<http://www.eclectic-meanderings.blogspot.com/>
      > > /

      > > **
      > >

      > > ------------------------------
      > > Hotmail has tools for the New Busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your
      > > inbox. Learn more.<http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_1>

    • Laurie Bluth
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 4, 2010
        That's a thought. I might try to copy the link for the one on the Flkr and send as well.

        Loving life,
        Laurie

        On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 8:52 PM, karenhic <karenhic@...> wrote:

        Laurie,

        Are you able to take the picture of your piece and send an inquiry about the pattern to the flicker site?

        --- In AustinLace@yahoogroups.com, Laurie Bluth <laurie9883@...> wrote:

        > Wow! These are wonderful, took me an age to go through all of them.
        >
        > Miss Karisse, the piece I am making on my roller pillow is among them! Wish
        > I knew how to contact the gal who made it and see if she has the pattern.
        >

        > Loving life,
        > Laurie
        >

        > On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 9:14 AM, deanna7 Cohen <deanna7@...> wrote:
        >

        > > *Thought you all might enjoy these photos that were posted by a member of
        > > my Arachne Lace Group.*
        > >
        > > **
        > > the man who runs the bobbinlace group on flickr has just posted photos of
        > > the
        > > lace exhibition recently at Idrija. Quite a few photos. Some very
        > > interesting modern designs, as well as the expected tradfitional type. Also
        > > photo from the permanent lace exhibit at Idrija.
        > > http://www.flickr.com/groups/bobbinlace/pool/
        > >
        > > *deanna *
        > > *"You can chain me, you can torture me, you can
        > > even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind."
        > > — Mahatma Gandhi:*
        > > *My Blog:* http:// <http://eclectic-meanderings.blogspot.com/>
        > > eclectic-meanderings.blogspot.com<http://www.eclectic-meanderings.blogspot.com/>

        > > /

        > > **

        > > Hotmail has tools for the New Busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your
        > > inbox. Learn more.<http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_1>

      • deanna7 Cohen
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 25, 2010
          some lace from different centuries to peruse. this link came from someone in the arachne lace group.

           http://www.metmuseum.org/works_of_art/collection_database/the_costume_institute/listview.aspx?page=1&sort=0&sortdir=asc&keyword=lace&fp=1&dd1=8&dd2=0&vw=1

          deanna
          When you stumble, make it part of the dance. author unknown

          My Blog:   http://eclectic-meanderings.blogspot.com/