Re: [AustinLace] some beautiful lace

  • Laurie Bluth
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2010
      Wow! These are wonderful, took me an age to go through all of them.

      Miss Karisse, the piece I am making on my roller pillow is among them! Wish I knew how to contact the gal who made it and see if she has the pattern.

      Loving life,
      Laurie

      On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 9:14 AM, deanna7 Cohen <deanna7@...> wrote:

      Thought you all might enjoy these photos that were posted by a member of my Arachne Lace Group.

      the man who runs the bobbinlace group on flickr has just posted photos of the
      lace exhibition recently at Idrija. Quite a few photos. Some very
      interesting modern designs, as well as the expected tradfitional type. Also
      photo from the permanent lace exhibit at Idrija.
      http://www.flickr.com/groups/bobbinlace/pool/

      deanna
      "You can chain me, you can torture me, you can
      even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind."
      — Mahatma Gandhi:

      My Blog:   http://eclectic-meanderings.blogspot.com/

    • karenhic
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2010
        Laurie,

        Are you able to take the picture of your piece and send an inquiry about the pattern to the flicker site?

        --- In AustinLace@yahoogroups.com, Laurie Bluth <laurie9883@...> wrote:

        > Wow! These are wonderful, took me an age to go through all of them.
        >
        > Miss Karisse, the piece I am making on my roller pillow is among them! Wish
        > I knew how to contact the gal who made it and see if she has the pattern.
        >

        > Loving life,
        > Laurie
        >

        > On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 9:14 AM, deanna7 Cohen <deanna7@...> wrote:
        >

        > > *Thought you all might enjoy these photos that were posted by a member of
        > > my Arachne Lace Group.*
        > >
        > > **
        > > the man who runs the bobbinlace group on flickr has just posted photos of
        > > the
        > > lace exhibition recently at Idrija. Quite a few photos. Some very
        > > interesting modern designs, as well as the expected tradfitional type. Also
        > > photo from the permanent lace exhibit at Idrija.
        > > http://www.flickr.com/groups/bobbinlace/pool/
        > >
        > > *deanna *
        > > *"You can chain me, you can torture me, you can
        > > even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind."
        > > — Mahatma Gandhi:*
        > > *My Blog:* http:// <http://eclectic-meanderings.blogspot.com/>
        > > eclectic-meanderings.blogspot.com<http://www.eclectic-meanderings.blogspot.com/>
        > > /

        > > **
        > >

        > > ------------------------------
        > > Hotmail has tools for the New Busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your
        > > inbox. Learn more.<http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_1>

      • Laurie Bluth
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 4, 2010
          That's a thought. I might try to copy the link for the one on the Flkr and send as well.

          Loving life,
          Laurie

          On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 8:52 PM, karenhic <karenhic@...> wrote:

          Laurie,

          Are you able to take the picture of your piece and send an inquiry about the pattern to the flicker site?

          --- In AustinLace@yahoogroups.com, Laurie Bluth <laurie9883@...> wrote:

          > Wow! These are wonderful, took me an age to go through all of them.
          >
          > Miss Karisse, the piece I am making on my roller pillow is among them! Wish
          > I knew how to contact the gal who made it and see if she has the pattern.
          >

          > Loving life,
          > Laurie
          >

          > On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 9:14 AM, deanna7 Cohen <deanna7@...> wrote:
          >

          > > *Thought you all might enjoy these photos that were posted by a member of
          > > my Arachne Lace Group.*
          > >
          > > **
          > > the man who runs the bobbinlace group on flickr has just posted photos of
          > > the
          > > lace exhibition recently at Idrija. Quite a few photos. Some very
          > > interesting modern designs, as well as the expected tradfitional type. Also
          > > photo from the permanent lace exhibit at Idrija.
          > > http://www.flickr.com/groups/bobbinlace/pool/
          > >
          > > *deanna *
          > > *"You can chain me, you can torture me, you can
          > > even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind."
          > > — Mahatma Gandhi:*
          > > *My Blog:* http:// <http://eclectic-meanderings.blogspot.com/>
          > > eclectic-meanderings.blogspot.com<http://www.eclectic-meanderings.blogspot.com/>

          > > /

          > > **

          > > Hotmail has tools for the New Busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your
          > > inbox. Learn more.<http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_1>

        • deanna7 Cohen
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 25, 2010
            some lace from different centuries to peruse. this link came from someone in the arachne lace group.

             http://www.metmuseum.org/works_of_art/collection_database/the_costume_institute/listview.aspx?page=1&sort=0&sortdir=asc&keyword=lace&fp=1&dd1=8&dd2=0&vw=1

            deanna
            When you stumble, make it part of the dance. author unknown

            My Blog:   http://eclectic-meanderings.blogspot.com/