"Catching up............."

  • karenhic
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 25, 2009
      Wow! Am so glad we have had some wonderful interaction in the last couple of days. My husband and I have been demonstrating in Georgetown Friday and Saturday for their archeology fair. We had 420 seventh graders on Friday!!! And the show was open to the public yesterday....

      Deanna - thanks for sharing the Lacis Museum photos to everyone. A trip someday????? Sure makes you want to go.

      Pat - I appreciate your sharing what you are doing in both tatting and bobbin lace. I have not done a "cupping" pattern in tatting. It does look interesting. I should bring my "stone heart" my husband gave me a few years back for valentine. Have been thinking about tatting around it and putting on a chain (tatted or metal???) so I can wear it.

      Dawn - welcome to our group! So you are in Austin. That lace group meets on Tuesdays from 10:30-12:30 at the Parmer Woods Assisted Living at the corner of Parmer and Scofield Farms Dr. (second red light on the west side of I35 off Parmer). We meet on the second floor - to right as you get off the elevator. We have 2 more sessions for the fall Lifetime Learning course. This group continues to meet, however, every Tuesday. You are more than welcome to come and visit us. If you decide to take up bobbin lace, I will supply you with a pillow and bobbins to start you off until you can make or purchase your own.

      In addition we have a guild in Austin that meets the first Tuesday of each month at St. Paul's Episcopal Church at 11201 Parkfield Dr. in a portable building behind the church. This is at the corner of Braker and Parkfield (about the fourth red light west of I35). Our meetings begin at 6:30 and usually last from 1 1/2 to 2 hours. The next meeting will be Nov. 3rd. We enjoy learning new crafts - including knitting, crocheting, tatting, bobbin-lace, embroidery, etc. Please come visit us. At the present we are learning some Romanian lace - a needle point lace using a crochet cord.
    • deanna7 Cohen
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 25, 2009
        I spoke to my friend Anita yesterday and she says there are more pictures from Lacis that she has not yet sent me.  So as soon as I receive them, I will share the rest.  So many beautiful things to see.  Wish we had a store like that in Austin or nearby.

        deanna cohen
        DrWayneWDyer The state of your life is nothing more then a reflection of your state of mind.
        My Blog:   http://eclectic-meanderings.blogspot.com/

        To: AustinLace@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 25, 2009
          Thank you for your nice comment, but in the spirit of honesty and integrity I must admit that both pieces were supposed to be flat.

          I did learn a bit about cupping the lace.

          When I took the photo of the center motif on the quartz egg I was sorely tempted to continue around the egg. I need to find a lesser egg. I love my smoky quartz egg and as nice as I think a lace covered quartz egg would be I could not bring myself to cover this one.

          I have been looking for eggs and Christmas tree ornaments. I looked at a bunch last year and thought them not worthy of the time the tatting would have taken. So if anyone sees any nice satin covered or class ornaments around Austin let me know.

          I've put Janet Carroll's Elegant Tatting Patterns in my bobbin lace basket. It has a few covered ornaments the class can look at.

          See you Tuesday,
          Pat T.

          > Wow!  Am so glad we have had some wonderful
          interaction in the last couple of days.  My husband and I have been demonstrating in Georgetown Friday and Saturday for their archeology fair.  We had 420 seventh graders on Friday!!!  And the show was open to the public yesterday....

          > Deanna - thanks for sharing the Lacis
          Museum photos to everyone.  A trip someday?????  Sure makes you want to go.

          > Pat - I appreciate your sharing what you are doing in
          both tatting and bobbin lace.  I have not done a "cupping" pattern in tatting.  It does look interesting.  I should bring my "stone heart" my husband gave me a few years back for valentine.  Have been thinking about tatting around it and putting on a chain (tatted or metal???) so I can wear it.

          > Dawn - welcome to our group!  So you are in
          Austin.  That lace group meets on Tuesdays from 10:30-12:30 at the Parmer Woods Assisted Living at the corner of Parmer and Scofield Farms Dr. (second red light on the west side of I35 off Parmer).  We meet on the second floor - to right as you get off the elevator.  We have 2 more sessions for the fall Lifetime Learning course.  This group continues to meet, however, every Tuesday.  You are more than welcome to come and visit us.  If you decide to take up bobbin lace, I will supply you with a pillow and bobbins to start you off until you can make or purchase your own.

          In addition we have a guild in Austin that meets the first Tuesday of each month at St. Paul's Episcopal Church at 11201 Parkfield Dr. in a portable building behind the church.  This is at the corner of Braker and Parkfield (about the fourth red light west of I35).  Our meetings begin at 6:30 and usually last from 1 1/2 to 2 hours.  The next meeting will be Nov. 3rd.  We enjoy learning new crafts - including knitting, crocheting, tatting, bobbin-lace, embroidery, etc.  Please come visit us.  At the present we are learning some Romanian lace - a needle point lace using a crochet cord.

          > <*> Your email settings:
          >    Individual
          Email | Traditional

          > <*> To change settings online go
          to:

          >    (Yahoo!
          ID required)

          > <*> To change settings via
          email:
          >    mailto:AustinLace-digest@yahoogroups.com

          mailto:AustinLace-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

          > <*> Your use of
          Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/