- Hate to disturb the group but I should announce what I am about to do. That is publishing a few photographs.
I had a bit of pleasantness late this afternoon. While dropping my son off at St. Louis Catholic Church for a Boy Scout Campout I ran into Nancy, who most of you know introduced me to world of lace making.
I was telling her that I had been doing a bit of tatting lately since I have been involved with a program put on by Sharon Briggs (http://www.tattedlace.com/) under the title Design_tat. This is a wonderful program involving working through creating our own designs and learning to work with drawing programs to help in both the design process and presentation.
I remarked to Nancy that my tight tension was still an issue and told her about a particular "cupped" project I test tatted for another person. I said I would post it so here is a bit of an explaination.
I have uploaded both a photograph of my first design project and the shockingly cupped motif. My new photo library is Pat T Lace.
I also decided to go ahead and upload a picture with two views of my first attempt at the center that eventually became the basis for this first design project. That is about a 2" tall Smoky Quartz Egg in the picture.
I was not too surprised by the cupping. One stipulation of this portion of the class was to minimize stitch counts so we could explore design elements more quickly.
The design exercise (lesson 4) was to develop the second row around a given center pattern. I got permission to increase the number of DSs in the chains of the center so my design would lay flat.
Hope all of you are well.
Karen I have taken apart the lace back to where the two questionable picots were. But in changing the pins on that first side I found an error on the footside. It will remain there for as long as the lace shall be.