April 2009 Minutes

  • FB
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2009
      Hi all. Herewith, the minutes. Late as usual with me. If I missed
      something or mispelled a name, please tell me.

      Austin Lacemakers April 7 , 2009 Minutes

      Attendance Sign In: 6 members, 1 guest

      Members present: Karisse, Karen, Nancy, Laurie, Theresa, Fran
      Guest present: Marisa

      Meeting called to order by Karisse Moore, President.

      Minutes: of March 4 meeting read by Fran Bloomer. Minutes approved as read.

      Treasurer Report: by Karen Hickman. Formal report given to President and
      Secretary.

      Savings: 394.78
      Checking: 1847.77
      Outstanding: 0

      Membership Report: by Karen. Welcome to new member Laurie Bluth.

      Newsletter Report: by Karen Hickman. The newsletter was sent out.

      Old Business:
      Camp Gotta Lace:
      scrubbies and dividers made for CGL were shown.
      The April workday will be devoted to making pompom hedgies and pillow
      cleaners.
      One registrant cancelled due to job conflict; Penny cancelled.
      Teacher count stands at 7 for Betty, 5 for Bart, 1 for Debbie, 3 for Kathy.
      The sugestion was made that Karen send a reminder email to those on her
      list. Fran will be taking flyers to the Dallad Fiberfest at the end of
      April.

      Program and Food Committees gave no reports.

      Demo hours in the month of March. None.

      New Business:
      2 denim shirts donated by Isobel were shown. Everyone who can, donate a
      piece of lace to decorate the shirts and they will be raffled at Camp.
      Karen’s lace class will be open for visitors to bring their lace
      projects and work.
      Lace-in April 18th at Karen’s home. 10 AM to 3PM.
      Christine donated some books for the library or raffle.

      Gift Bag: from Fran was won by Nancy Nielson.
      Announcements:
      Show and Tell:
      Karen showed a cross made and framed for her son.
      Marisa showed a mask from her trip to New Orleans, and her own loop loom
      work.
      Karisse displayed an embroidered bag done on the machine, and the
      commemorative bobbin sent for writing an article for the Bulletin.

      Craft Project: None
      Program: none

      Club activity:
      Nancy was tatting cross bookmarks.