Fwd: Fw: URGENT Action Required -- READ ENCLOSED INSTRUCTIONS -- Malicious E-Mail Circulating

  • Laurie Bluth
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 11, 2009
      I verified this - it is true. Kay, beware, since your ticket is with Delta you might be tempted to open it.

      FYI from the Dallas Federal Reserve.

      Yes, I trust them!
      Gary

      Subject: Fw: URGENT Action Required -- READ ENCLOSED INSTRUCTIONS -- Malicious
      E-Mail Cir
      URGENT Action Required -- READ ENCLOSED INSTRUCTIONS -- Malicious E-Mail
      Circulating

      CUSTOMER NOTICE - URGENT NOTICE - Action Required

      To: All PC Users

              URGENT Action Required -- READ ENCLOSED INSTRUCTIONS -- Malicious
      E-Mail Circulating

      Do not open any suspicious e-mails, specifically those appearing to be
      from Delta Airlines. A fraudulent email is circulating that claims that
      the recipient has purchased a Delta ticket and that an invoice or credit
      card transaction receipt is attached. In reality, no purchases have been
      made, nor have credit cards been charged. The attachment contains malware
      that and could result in the loss of sensitive information such as user
      IDs and passwords.
      In the event you receive one of these emails, delete it immediately. Under
      no circumstances should you open an attachment associated with these
      e-mails. Doing so can infect your PC.  Notify the Help Desk if you receive
      one of these e-mails, even if you did not open the e-mail or the
      attachment. This will assist with tracking this issue.

      In the event that you received one of these e-mails and accidentally
      opened the attachment, Please inform the Help Desk immediately.

      Questions/Concerns If you have any questions or concerns, please contact
      your Help Desk at each office or your Departmental Technical Support Staff
      .
      Contact Dallas Help Desk at x25000, Houston at x33611,  San Antonio at
      x81581,  and El Paso at x15247

      --
      Laurie