Re: [AustinLace] Recipe

  • Mlkquilts
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 10, 2009
      Fran,

        Joy calls the pink fluffy stuff Strawberries and Cream.

      16 oz Cool Whip (can use the light Cool Whip or store brand)
      16 oz Sour cream (can use fat free or light sour cream)
      2 small packages or one large Strawberry Jello (can use sugar free)
      1 16 oz package of frozen strawberries
      1 small can of crushed pineapple, well drained
      1/2 cup chopped pecans (can use more if you like)

      Mix Cool Whip, sour cream and jello together, then add fruits and nuts and mix well. Chill before serving.

      To make an orange version.  substitute orange jello for strawberry and a small can of mandarin oranges for frozen strawberries (well drained).

      I've never done this but I think you can even add flaked coconut to this.

      Michelle