Re: [AustinLace] Recipe

  • Mlkquilts
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 10 3:00 PM
      Fran,

        Joy calls the pink fluffy stuff Strawberries and Cream.

      16 oz Cool Whip (can use the light Cool Whip or store brand)
      16 oz Sour cream (can use fat free or light sour cream)
      2 small packages or one large Strawberry Jello (can use sugar free)
      1 16 oz package of frozen strawberries
      1 small can of crushed pineapple, well drained
      1/2 cup chopped pecans (can use more if you like)

      Mix Cool Whip, sour cream and jello together, then add fruits and nuts and mix well. Chill before serving.

      To make an orange version.  substitute orange jello for strawberry and a small can of mandarin oranges for frozen strawberries (well drained).

      I've never done this but I think you can even add flaked coconut to this.

      Michelle

    • FB
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 11 12:58 PM
        I would like to have the pink fluffy salad recipe, please!?

        For those who wanted the Cherry Cranberry Sauce recipe:

        1 1/2 cups water
        1 1/2 cups sugar
        4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (1 pound)
        1 can (14 1/2 zo) pitted tart cherries, drained

        In a *large* saucepan, cook sugar and water over medium heat until sugar
        is dissolved.
        Add cranberries and cherries: bring to a boil.
        Cook uncovered until cranberries begin to pop, about 6 minutes.
        Reduce heat; cook 20 minutes or until thickened. Stir occasionally as
        cherries settle.
        Pour into serving dish, cover and chill at least 2 hours.
        Yield: 3 /12 cups

        Notes:
        Splenda Baking Mix, or even regular Splenda in proportion, may be used
        for the sugar, though the sauce generally will not thicken well with
        Splenda alone.
        If you want to have more cherry flavor, use the juice drained from the
        cherries as part of the water.
        It may need to be simmered longer than 20 minutes. It will reduce a good
        1/2 inch down the pan. The longer it simmers the more cranberries are
        popped and the smoother texture it will have, and the thicker it will set.
        This recipe may be made in advance, it will keep very well for a week or
        more in the refrigerator, and it has even been frozen briefly with no
        apparent harm.