Re: [AustinLace] Re: pillow stuffing

  • Mlkquilts
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 19, 2008
      Hi Karisse,

         I can answer this one from experience.  A lot of bugs just go into hibernation when put into cold or freezing conditions.  I had to do an insect collection in college and my father caught me some cockroaches, placed them in a jar and set them outside our house in New York in the snow.  When I got the jar to college and into my warm dorm room they came back to life.  Good thing they were still in the jar.

      Michelle

      In a message dated 08/19/08 20:31:42 Central Daylight Time, KarisseM@... writes:

      I know that if you applied heat you will kill the bugs but what about
      cold. Could you put the moss in your freezer for awhile and then use
      it? I was just wondering. Also with the heat in Texas what about
      spreading it out on the drive way in the noon heat. That is hot enough
      to cook eggs, No?

      Karisse

    • Karen Martinez
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 20, 2008
        Only goes to show, Michelle, that those darn cockroaches are indestructable!  Worked for a pest control company before teaching, and we determined that the doggone roaches could survive an A-bomb!  Love the story this morning!  Oh, and Karisse, Mythbusters did try to fry an egg on the driveway once, and they determined that it doesn't get hot enough.  Driveways can only fry feet.  Karen Martinez