Re: [AustinLace] Name for Camp Gotta Lace

  • Karen Martinez
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 13, 2008
      Personally, I like Lace and Laugh, but since I'm not a member of the guild, I don't have a say.  Just thought this unoffical member who is on the mailing list should throw in her two cents!  Karen Martinez, from Weslaco

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 14, 2008
          Probably the best reason is the truth. I forgot that I had written
          them down and when you mentioned it I got out my notes and looked for
          them. I couldn't find them. Then I found them on the back of some
          paper we used on that Thursday you all were here. So once again my
          messiness had gotten the best of me. Here they are, and I hope all of
          them, that we came up with on Tuesday night.

          1. The Return of Camp Gotta Lace
          2. Camp Gotta Lace Revisited
          3. Camp Gotta Lace The Repeat
          4. Camp Gotta Lace Fiber Arts
          5. Camp Gotta Lace Uncommon Threads
          6. Camp Gotta Lace Common Thread
          7. Camp Gotta Lace Twist & Knot
          8. Camp Gotta Lace Knot Enough
          9. Camp Gotta Lace Why Knot

          Sorry all of you creative people for your ideas.

          Karisse

          KarisseM@... writes:
          > I am starting a new line here. We are suppose to be coming up with
          > new name for the camp for this coming year 2009.
          >
          > Camp Gotta Laceing Fine in 2009
          > Camp Gotta Lace Again
          > Camp Gotta Lace or Bust
          > Camp Gotta Lace and Learn
          > Camp Gotta Lace and Laugh
          >
          > I don't know you all come up with some too.
          >
          > Karisse

        • Mlkquilts
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 14, 2008
            Thanks Karisse,

               I still like The Return of Camp Gotta Lace and so does Joy.   I know it sounds like a Star Wars title,so we could make "Space" our theme for the camp.

            Michelle

            KarisseM@... writes:
            > I am starting a new line here. We are suppose to be coming up with
            > new name for the camp for this coming year 2009.
            >
            > Camp Gotta Laceing Fine in 2009
            > Camp Gotta Lace Again
            > Camp Gotta Lace or Bust
            > Camp Gotta Lace and Learn
            > Camp Gotta Lace and Laugh
            >
            > I don't know you all come up with some too.
            >
            > Karisse

          • karissem
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 15, 2008
              OK you all, I made a new post and you can vote for the name that you
              like the best. You should be able to see what name is getting the most
              votes. Do I need to say that you only have one vote please? I don't
              think I do. Please take the time to vote.

              Karisse
            • Karen Martinez
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 17, 2008
                Don't know if I qualify to vote, but I did.  Voted for Twist and Knot--figured we could go with a 50's theme--music, clothes, junk-food, If I don't qualify to vote, then just delete my vote.  I couldn't resist.  Or, Just let me know and I'll send you a check for $14.00 to pay my dues to verify my vote.  Had an Ultreya tonight, and told Modesta that Fr. Paul wanted some more of their chile.  She wanted to know when you'd be down again, and I told her probably in Sept.  She said OK.
                     Might want to keep Edgar in your prayers.  He will be living with Anita in SA this fall.  She'll keep him in line.  She had Sammy for a while, but he whined and told mom that he wanted to go home.  Told Edgar that he needed to do what he had to do to stay out of trouble, get an education, and be a good man.  He didn't roll his eyes at me, so I figure that was an improvement.  I told him that a bunch of Episcopal women were going to be praying for him, and he couldn't let us down.  Hope all went well this weekend with the Fam home.  I'm sure Andrew and Cathy will be happy to get home.  Told them that since their recycling center accepts plastic, they'll be seeing us about once a month or so.  Poor kids.  I got some Lemon grass, but don't think it's going to survive.  Hope so.  I wanted their rosemary bush, but it was too big to dig up with the broken shovel.
                     Guess I will go up and take a shower as I'm tired and want to go to bed.  Those pot-lucks are tiring.  Oh, I used some of the ground deer to make a meat sauce for rotini.  Went over well.  There wasn't any left, and we didn't have a ton of people.  Oh, got a couple new embroidery patterns--they had a coupon.  Might want to make pillows for the dogs with one of them, or a blankie for Hero.  Much love to you and Paul, Karen

                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 17, 2008
                  Sorry, sorry, sorry.  Thought I was responding to Karisse's email.  After the first few sentences, this doesn't apply to lace stuff, so forgive me.  I'm tired and not paying attention to what I'm doing.  So, if you don't want to find out about my weekend, then just delete this.  Sorry all.  Karen Martinez

                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 18, 2008
                    Karen,
                    I also voted for "Twist and Knot".  Just loved that!  I hope your vote counts.I love the theme.  Hope to see you soon.
                    Isabell