Re: A Second Look at the Alien Space Craft...

  • TS
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29 3:48 AM
      --- In Atlantis_Mysteries@yahoogroups.com, <ancientstar@...> wrote:
      >The U.S. aircraft industry had 'Flying-Wings' going strong shortly after that in 1948. An older cousin of mine used to watch three of them take off every day after school around 4:00 P.M. at the airport near his home in southern California. Guess we know 'where' and 'when' this interesting technology originated?

      Just wanted to say, love the feed, though I rarely respond.

      But to the above comment, I wanted to mention that tests of "wing only" craft date back to as early as 1910, when German aircraft pioneer Hugo Junkers designed and patented a wing-only aircraft. Soviet Union designers did the same in the 1920s.

      During WW II, the Germans experimented with the flying wing design, including the flight tested Horton 229 V3 fighter, a jet powered version, whereas the Northrop-designed US YB-35 and YB-49 flying wings were propeller powered.

      But ultimately, all of these designs suffered from a lack of control that a vertical stabilizer would have provided, in addition to the difficulties in trying to cram the engines and crew compartments inside the width of a wing. Additional designs were quashed, until the use of "fly by wire" computer control made planes such as the B-2 bomber viable concepts (though they're now termed "blended-body aircraft," like the futuristic Boeing X-48).

      It should be pointed out that UFOs often take the shape of airborne craft just beyond the actual capabilities of their time, but still within comprehension of the viewers.

      So, the 1890s sightings of heavier-than-air "airship" sightings, the 1950s sightings of wingless tubes, and the modern sightings of black triangles, all seem to fit a pattern of these vehicles being impossible for technology at that time, but within speculative possibility. It's almost as if the entities who allow us to view these craft are looking into our subconscious to determine what we'd consider "wildly unlikely but possible," and then present that to us.

      Keep on watching the skies,

      TemplarScribe