New Numbers Re: SuperStellar, California Runway Nine and Three-Quarters ...

  • millennium
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2013
      I'm just sharing the numbers and the landscape, Smith ...
      here are the new numbers I added yesterday ..

      Alpha Centauri was only a 2-3 year journey for our Rocket Jocks,
      and Sirius a 3-4 Year jaunt. (Altair but a five year excursion ...)

      All these -- and the other hundred-plus stars of our immediate Solar Neighborhood -- are only a few months away for high-g MIC-early (MIC-automated) probes. You can see the difference between Human-crewed and Robotic Interstellar missions times here, for Alpha Centauri, Kentaurus:

      1g human-crewed -- 31 Months, One Way
       (Peak Velocity 1.3 Vc, Average Velocity 0.65 Vc)

      2g human-sleeper -- 22 Months, One Way
       (Peak Velocity ~2 Vc, Average Velocity ~1 Vc)

      100g robotic -- 3 Months, One Way
       Peak Velocity ~13 Vc, Average Velocity ~6.5 Vc)

      1000g robotic -- 1 Month, One Way
       (Peak Velocity ~40 Vc, Average Velocity ~20 Vc)

      Here are the Flight Times for the Sirius Trinary sytem:

      1g human-crewed -- 44 Months, One Way
       (Peak Velocity 1.85 Vc, Average Velocity 0.925 Vc)

      2g human-sleeper -- 31 Months, One Way
       Peak Velocity 2.6 Vc, Average Velocity 1.3 Vc)

      100g robotic -- ~20 Weeks, One Way
       Peak Velocity ~20 Vc, Average Velocity ~10 Vc)

      1000g robotic -- ~6 Weeks, One Way
       (Peak Velocity ~60 Vc, Average Velocity ~30 Vc)

      And the Flight Times for Altair:

      1g human-crewed -- 62 Months, One Way
       (Peak Velocity 2.6 Vc, Average Velocity 1.3 Vc)

      2g human-sleeper -- 45 Months, One Way
       (Peak Velocity 3.6 Vc, Average Velocity 1.8 Vc)

      100g robotic -- ~13 Weeks, One Way
       (Peak Velocity ~26 Vc, Average Velocity ~13 Vc)

      1000g robotic -- ~8 Weeks, One Way
       (Peak Velocity ~84 Vc, Average Velocity ~42 Vc)