Re: Were the Hesperides/Canaries Part of Atlantis?

  • George
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
      Nice post, Kat!

      >Known also as "Danais/Adanyas?" These ... "were influential in
      founding the first civilizations in the region of predynastic (lower)
      Egypt circa 6,000 BP.

      Imho that these are Danai, definitely Greek Pelasgi and definitely
      not barbaric (Herodotus) Semitic Phoenicians.

      >The "Hesperidean," or "Fortunate" men were described as being tall -
      to over six feet. Early explorers described these denizens as
      having "very clear, rosy skins; fair, light hair, and blue eyes" -
      and noted them as being powerfully built.

      Imho that these are definitely Greek Pelasgi and definitely not
      barbaric (Herodotus) dark Semitic Phoenicians.

      Cordially, George

      --- In AtlantisMysteries@yahoogroups.com, <ancientstar@e...> wrote:
      > Part 2
      > The Elysium Fields...
      > Were the Hesperides/Canaries..
      > ..A 'Part' of Atlantis?
      >

      > Small pyramids of the Canaries
      > The Hesperides, geographically fit in line with ancient Atlantis,
      as described by Plato in his 'Dialogues,' and may actually have been
      a once southerly section of the long island/peninsula of Atlantis,
      and later, after heavy glacial floods, became called the: "Fortunate
      Islands." Could they have been the only areas left over from the
      old Atlantis legends to have kept their peaks "above" water?

      > 'Atlanteans/Guanches?' Known also as "Danais/Adanyas?"
      These ... "were influential in founding the first civilizations in
      the region of predynastic (lower) Egypt circa 6,000 BP. The Guanches,
      those who dwelled in the Canary Isles, known as the Elysium, and the
      Garden of Hesperides by the classical Greeks, also known as the
      legendary 'Fortunate Isles' or the Isles of Fortune by classical
      Europeans and Spaniards, were a mysterious people of antiquity, said
      to be submerged according to their own traditions, from the lands
      which first bore them, a few score miles off the western coast of
      what is now northwest Africa."
      > (partly excerpted from http://thebestpulpfiction.com/guanches/)
      >
      > "Fortunate Isles": "This is the name that Homer, Horace, Italicus,
      Pliny and a host of other classical writers gave to the Canary
      Islands since earliest times. Diodorous of Sicily referred to the
      Canaries as the "Garden of the Hesperides." Virgil waxes luminous
      in his description: "Their sky is purer and brighter than ours, so
      that the fields are bathed in a purple light." And the poet Luciano
      excites rapture when he describes that the "Spring dwells forever in
      the fields of the Fortunate Islands, and only the pleasant zephyr
      blows there. And in truth, that land is always green, and flowers
      grow in thick clusters, and plants are neither coarse nor dark."

      > ". . . You will not find anywhere people more handsome or graceful
      than these islanders, both men and women . . ." wrote Fathers
      Bontier and Le Verrier, historians who accompanied Juan de
      Bethencourt on his expeditions. (partly excerpted from
      http://www.katiuska.net/canaryislands.html)
      > The origins of the ancient people of the 'Hesperides/Canaries'
      are yet uncertain. Many theories abound, but the most widely
      accepted is, that, the "Fortunate" Islanders were related to the
      Atlantes, or North African Celts - those who lived along the Atlas
      Mountain Range. The "Hesperidean," or "Fortunate" men were described
      as being tall - to over six feet. Early explorers described these
      denizens as having "very clear, rosy skins; fair, light hair, and
      blue eyes" - and noted them as being powerfully built. They were
      also described as having worn animal pelts on their backs in ancient
      times, and dwelled in the island's many caves - which was a trademark
      of the ancient Picts/Celts, who were also the original, ancient
      inhabitants of Iran, and from its oldest folklore and legends were
      dwellers of the caves and castles of this very ancient land as well.
      They were also described as being able to 'fly.' (Somehow?...
      Ancient 'technology'?)

      'Cerranos' En Live
    • ancientstar@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2005
        P.S.  The 'Dark Phoenicians' were simply descendants, i.e. amalgamations
        of the 'Adanya/Danais' with Nubians, i.e. their 'descendants.'  Their forebears
        taught them to sail the seas along with the arts of the shipwright.  The Celts
        were Chaldeans, i.e. 'blond Phoenicians.'   The tall blond, 'Nordic/Ethiopians,'
        were their sea going forefathers, et al.   Same  with the Polynesians.  The Celts
        were those so-called 'Semites.'

        Our WebSite At: http://community-2.webtv.net/Katsscan/AncientMoons/

      • George
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2005
          Very original Kat!
          Can you supply any reputable reference about it? Because the hearsay
          about Andromedans versus Sirius descendants sounds to me nearly as
          plausible.

          Sorry, I am descending from the English conservative thinking that I
          learned as an enginere in Manchester.

          Cordially, George

          --- In AtlantisMysteries@yahoogroups.com, <ancientstar@e...> wrote:
          > P.S. The 'Dark Phoenicians' were simply descendants, i.e.
          amalgamations
          > of the 'Adanya/Danais' with Nubians, i.e. their 'descendants.'
          Their forebears
          > taught them to sail the seas along with the arts of the
          shipwright. The Celts
          > were Chaldeans, i.e. 'blond Phoenicians.' The tall
          blond, 'Nordic/Ethiopians,'
          > were their sea going forefathers, et al. Same with the
          Polynesians. The Celts
          > were those so-called 'Semites.'
          >
          > Kat
          Part of Atlantis?

> [...]
          described
          > as being tall - to over six feet. Early explorers described
          these
          > denizens as having "very clear, rosy skins; fair, light hair,
          and
          > blue eyes" - and noted them as being powerfully built. They
          were
          > also described as having worn animal pelts on their backs in
          ancient
          > times, and dwelled in the island's many caves - which was a
          trademark
          > of the ancient Picts/Celts, who were also the original, ancient
          > inhabitants of Iran, and from its oldest folklore and legends
          were
          > dwellers of the caves and castles of this very ancient land as
          well.
          > They were also described as being able to 'fly.' (Somehow?...

          Service.