1290Re: [AtlantaGameFest] Leftover games and 2018 question

  • Maggie Hammond
    Feb 16, 2017
      Patton and I would come to Atlanta for a mini-game fest. No strong preference for dates, but August would be a little better than March.

      On Feb 16, 2017, at 12:29 PM, wbatty@... [AtlantaGameFest] <AtlantaGameFest@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I still have a copy of Above & Below, Tichu and Forbidden Desert that remain unclaimed.

      Looking ahead to 2018, I'm not sure about adding a full 4th event but was thinking of the possibility of doing a Fri-Sun mini-event either in late March or early August. There are advantages of doing a shorter event in terms of finding hotels. I'm not interested in cutting back on the length of the Game Fests, that is what makes them a Game Fest/Game-o-Rama. But a shorter event (that would also cost less to attend) might be worth trying and might help in getting more hotels interested in the other events. My experience has been that the hotels enjoy having our events. Usually we have to change hotels when they change management. But I've also had folks who were familiar with the group change jobs and reach out to us, so it works both ways.

      Anyway, add a 3-day event in late March or early August in 2018? Thoughts? Preferences (it might not matter depending on what is what with hotels at that time of year).

      --
      Ward

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic