Another Atkin Boat 4 Sale

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8, 2006
      They say it's a Tern, but at 22' it can't be:

      http://portland.craigslist.org/boa/148721666.html

      You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it
      turns out that God hates all the same people you do. <Anne Lamott>
    • William E. Parker
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 13, 2006
        My Atkin schooner, Charlene, has deadeyes and lanyards, and for a cruising
        boat you haul out, I think it is great. They are very easy to adjust, and
        they require no pins to lose, or clips or rings to insert under your
        fingernails. And, most of you may not realize this, they are cutting edge.
        The big racing tris and catamarans are using them to set up temporary
        running backstays and mast adjusters. In fact, they are available in carbon
        fiber, if you have the $80 to spend. While I would never use a deadeye on a
        forestay the way British workboats do, I think they are a surprisingly easy
        alternative for traditional cruising boats. I don't parcel and serve the
        tail up the stay the way you would on a boat you keep in the water year
        round, instead I use wire clamps. I didn't pioneer that system, the guy who
        built the boat, Chuck Bour, started that.

        So if this boat looks good to you, don't let the deadeyes scare you. She
        needs someone to take care of her, and she looks ready to find the
        horizon...or at least the next cove up the coast.

        Best,
        Bill
        They say it's a Tern, but at 22' it can't be:

        http://portland.craigslist.org/boa/148721666.html

        You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it
        turns out that God hates all the same people you do. <Anne Lamott>

        No flaming, cursing, politics, religion or public mopery. Please be
        polite.

        <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>

        software
        Home building design Commercial building design Home building
        design plan

        Service.