Beauty in the eye of the beholder!

  • Ed Robbins
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 27 11:41 AM
      I picked "Unsanctioned" for many good reasons, but also because I
      (think) I can really like the look. Could not find any real pictures,
      but found some old boats that look like I think it will look when I'm
      done. Windows appearance will have to be very carefully done.

      Ordered the plans today.
      Located a local source for wood and epoxy's etc. Need the weather to
      warm up a little more.

      If anyone knows of, or has pictures of Unsanctioned, please forward.
    • David
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 27 11:59 AM
        Ed,

        Good for you. Enjoy. She looks like a challenging project, but fun.
        Keep us fully posted, if you would be so kind, with progress prose &
        fotos. My own experience is: it's very difficult to remember to take
        sufficient fotos while wrapped up in a project. I'd recommend keeping
        a camera handy at all times. Will you have a regular helper? Could one
        of their duties be remembering to take fotos?

        In case you can't tell, I'm very curious about Unsanctioned. As a
        professional woodworker, I work with blueprints, sketches, and concept
        drawings regularly. Some boats are especially difficult to envision
        from 2D drawings. I'm suspecting this will be one of those. Therefore,
        I'm particularly interested in how she - shapes up; comes together;
        and looks in the final form. I'm thinking she could be a real cutey.

        Cheers,
        David Graybeal
        Portland, OR.

        "Art is all of a boat but the wood" - Thoreau