Re: [AtkinBoats] Building "Unsanctioned"?????

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 26, 2006
      Sounds like you've thought things out real well. I have to admit that I
      never looked closely at Unsanctioned because I was put off by the styling,
      but after taking a good look I'd say she's a Good Boat and will probably
      work real well on the Arrow Lakes (any of the old steamers that used to
      run up there still around?). As for the styling, I think one could learn
      to love it if she was finished off well. At least she's pre tail fin! <g>
      I'm sure you can build a better boat than you can buy off the boat
      dealer's lot. Nothing manufactured in recent years will give the
      performance and accommodations of Unsanctioned and use a 35 hp. motor!

      Please keep us up to date on your project, even if you don't stumble on
      any nautical terms. <g>

      On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 20:23:12 -0800, Ed wrote:

      > I am getting a lot of help, and I appriciate it. As originally
      > stated, I no very little about boats, but am trying to learn quickly.
      > I picked the "Unsanctioned" for many reasons.
      > There's more, Maybe I can build better than I can buy, I won't be
      > trying to shave costs at every corner, etc.

      School days, I believe, are the unhappiest in the whole span of
      human existence . They are full of dull, unintelligible tasks,
      new and unpleasant ordinances, brutal violations of common sense
      and common decency. <H. L. Mencken>