Blue Bird

  • nnylrolyat
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1 7:15 PM
      I have been admiring the Blue Bird. 18 ft with 2 ft draft and no
      centerboard. I have concerns about whether it will sail very well
      pointing upwind. Does anyone out there have any experience with this
      design you could share. I would really like to see a photo of the Blue
      Bird. The roominess of the cabin in such a small boat really appeals
      to me, and it shouldn't be too hard to trailer. I just have concerns
      about how well it will point. Thanks Lynn
    • waltbald
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2 6:20 PM
        The Atkins drew lots of boats with long shallow keels. Maybe their
        standards for pointing ability were different from yours or mine, but
        I think it's clear that they were pretty happy with how well the boats
        worked.

        I don't know of a picture of Blue Bird, but there is a picture on the
        catalog web site of Nanny-Gay, which is just a tiny bit longer wider
        and deeper. It's one of my favorites.

        best regards,

        Walter Owens