Re: Atkin Boat Builders Article

  • cartacreations
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 14, 2006
      Hi John, your just a bit early unfortunantly. I have the Maud & Emeline plans and will
      begin construction this spring. Lofting will start as soon as I clear space in the garage (2
      months probably). I'm building her close to the original design with cedar planks and
      floor but Fir will replace WO in many places. I'll also be using a double planked bottom
      where two layers of cedar are planked over each other and epoxied together (per Harry
      Nryans Daisy).

      I have a good number of nice pics of another Maud & Emeline from the Port Townsend
      show last year. Some good detail shots. I'll get them online this weekend and send you
      the links. If any of them look usuable for your article let me know and I can email the
      originals.

      David

      here's two pics I already had online:
      http://static.flickr.com/24/59020035_e16b9bcdfd.jpg?v=0