RE: [AtkinBoats] re Dragon class

  • JohnyM7@excite.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2006
      Dear Peter, Thanks for the explanation. I live a long way from the coast in Kansas City and I've never seen a boat of the Dragon class. Do you have a picture you could post? This sounds like a great looking boat. Good luck in your sailing adventures. JohnM--- On Sun 01/08, Peter < peter_curwell@... > wrote:From: Peter [mailto: peter_curwell@...]To: AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.comDate: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 22:20:11 -0000Subject: [AtkinBoats] re Dragon classDear John,Pequot is a Dragon class cutter, a development of the Eric class.Best wishes PeterNo flaming, cursing, politics, religion or public mopery. Please be polite. If you set out to build an Atkin boat, please do not modify the plans. If you stray from the plans you do so at your own risk and Atkin & Co. will take no responsibility for the performance of the resulting boat.The current Atkin boat plans catalog is online at <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>

      Boat building design
      Building design
      Building design software

      Home building design
      Commercial building design
      Home building design plan

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      Visit your group "AtkinBoats" on the web.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 13, 2006
        The Dragon design was written up in Billy Atkin's book, Of Yachts and Men
        (available from Mrs. Atkin). She's a deeper, cutter-rigged variation of
        Eric. It's a bit misleading to call the design the "Dragon class" because
        it was never intended for racing and there's a popular racing keelboat
        class called the International Dragon.

        http://www.intdragon.org/

        I'm sure Peter's Dragon is a great looking boat and I look forward to
        seeing pictures of it.

        On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 20:26:30 -0800, John M wrote:

        > Dear Peter, Thanks for the explanation. I live a long way from the
        > coast in Kansas City and I've never seen a boat of the Dragon class. Do
        > you have a picture you could post? This sounds like a great looking
        > boat. Good luck in your sailing adventures.

        In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be
        thankful for; as for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican.
        <H. L. Mencken>