re Dragon class

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2006
      Dear John,
      Pequot is a Dragon class cutter, a development of the Eric class.
      Best wishes
      Peter
    • JohnyM7@excite.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 8, 2006
        Dear Peter, Thanks for the explanation. I live a long way from the coast in Kansas City and I've never seen a boat of the Dragon class. Do you have a picture you could post? This sounds like a great looking boat. Good luck in your sailing adventures. JohnM--- On Sun 01/08, Peter < peter_curwell@... > wrote:From: Peter [mailto: peter_curwell@...]To: AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.comDate: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 22:20:11 -0000Subject: [AtkinBoats] re Dragon classDear John,Pequot is a Dragon class cutter, a development of the Eric class.Best wishes PeterNo flaming, cursing, politics, religion or public mopery. Please be polite. If you set out to build an Atkin boat, please do not modify the plans. If you stray from the plans you do so at your own risk and Atkin & Co. will take no responsibility for the performance of the resulting boat.The current Atkin boat plans catalog is online at <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>

        Boat building design
        Building design
        Building design software

        Home building design
        Commercial building design
        Home building design plan

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        Visit your group "AtkinBoats" on the web.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 13, 2006
          The Dragon design was written up in Billy Atkin's book, Of Yachts and Men
          (available from Mrs. Atkin). She's a deeper, cutter-rigged variation of
          Eric. It's a bit misleading to call the design the "Dragon class" because
          it was never intended for racing and there's a popular racing keelboat
          class called the International Dragon.

          http://www.intdragon.org/

          I'm sure Peter's Dragon is a great looking boat and I look forward to
          seeing pictures of it.

          On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 20:26:30 -0800, John M wrote:

          > Dear Peter, Thanks for the explanation. I live a long way from the
          > coast in Kansas City and I've never seen a boat of the Dragon class. Do
          > you have a picture you could post? This sounds like a great looking
          > boat. Good luck in your sailing adventures.

          In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be
          thankful for; as for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican.
          <H. L. Mencken>