Re: Bagaduce

  • cartacreations
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 28, 2005
      John, any of those old engines your getting a Palmer Baby Husky or equivilent?

      I've got the Victor Slocum plans and would love to build her around a true old marine
      inboard as per Atkins specs.

      By the way, thanks for the booth at PT and the new catalog, its a real improvment.

      dave

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 23, 2005
        I don't know how this one slipped by me, I just noticed it when I went
        looking for a recent email I'd accidentally marked as "read"...

        No, I don't have a Baby Husky (BH), but I do have a Palmer PW-27. It's a
        bit smaller and lighter than a BH, has 27 cu. in. to the BH's 25 and puts
        out 8 hp. at a screaming 2,800 rpm, compared to the BH's 6 hp. at 2,500
        rpm. The earliest mention I've seen of a PW-27 in the Atkin plans is about
        1952, but I'm sure they're older, and they made them until the early
        1970s. A PW-27 would be a good engine for a Victor Slocum and they seem to
        be easier to find than BHs. The also use Wisconsin internal parts (PW
        stands for Palmer Wisconsin) that are relatively easy to find. But I won't
        sell you mine. <g>

        On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 10:55:45 -0700, Dave wrote:

        > John, any of those old engines your getting a Palmer Baby Husky or
        > equivilent?
        >
        > I've got the Victor Slocum plans and would love to build her around a
        > true old marine
        > inboard as per Atkins specs.
        >
        > By the way, thanks for the booth at PT and the new catalog, its a real
        > improvment.

        No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get
        himself into jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with
        the chance of being drowned... A man in jail has more room,
        better food, and commonly better company. <Samuel Johnson>