performance of 'Nanuk III'

  • bibeystone
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2005
      I've been interested in Wm. Atkins' tunnel-stern designs for several
      years. I've cruised the shallow So. FL and Bahama waters in keel
      sailboats in the past and dream of the navigational and anchoring
      freedom a boat like 'Nanuk III' would provide, BUT, I've never been
      able to hear any first-hand testimony from one who has run one of
      these boats. A negative reference to performance of seabright skiffs
      in an article; http://www.mcgowanmarinedesign.com/sulis.html and the
      apparent inability of a production 42' tunnel-stern cruiser, (copy of
      this design), to attain it's projected perfomance, makes me want to
      hear from an owner or two of this model before building one. If you
      can point me in the right direction or have first hand knowledge, I'd
      appeciate hearing from you.