boat identity

  • schoonerman2
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 25, 2005
      Looked at an Atkin designed sloop but I don't seem to match it up
      directly. It most closely resembles the Wild Duck in size and house
      appearance. I was told it was built in Coonnecticut , but was last
      registered and sailed in NY 20 yrs ago. Name on old photo was Half Moon.
      No interior to go by or rig to get dimensions from. Appears to have
      been well buit originally but I can't see the floors (concrete)and some
      ribs need replacimg. The house sides are varnished mahogany the tanks
      were located below under the deck and the cockpit is smaller with no
      seats. The keel is iron and the grip in the bow is split from iron
      fastener. Any help would be appreciated
      Tod
    • Bruce Elfstrom
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 25, 2005
        do you have pictures? Where is she, what are her exact measurments,
        what woods used, where in CT was she built, is she out of the water? I
        have a boat that I still do not know if it is an Atkin or not, so i ahve
        been looking at a lot of designs of the type by Atkin---I might see
        something familiar or maybe I have already seen the boat--- e-mail me at
        bioelf@...

        Cheers, Bruce