Re: Rescue Minor Kubota Diesel Source

  • oldbingey
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 13, 2005
      Rob,

      Yeah, we are alright down here. Actually Dennis was much worse than
      Katrina in this section but we are still waiting our turn.

      That engine was the D722E (called D722N then). Kubota is funny. They
      have regional distributors who won't do business outside their
      territory. Another man was inquiring into one and asked me to check
      my distributor in NC and my price was higher than his in Fla. I
      can't remember what it was but this was about three years ago and
      maybe some $2,200 for the cheapest one. He finally searched around on
      the internet and found some for less than $1500 so he bought two. It
      was some surplus thing but the engines were identical to mine.

      I think you just have to scratch around. The main thing is that a
      basic engine is much cheaper than a marinized one.

      Good luck,

      Robb

      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "robrohdeszudy"
      <robrohdeszudy@y...> wrote:
      > Hey Robb,
      >
      > I hope all is well in your neck of the woods after all this
      hurricane
      > business. Let me know if I can help.
      >
      > Can you tell me where you got a Kubota engine for the price you got
      it?
      > I can't find anything under $3500! I'm assuming it was the D722E?
      >
      > Thanks yet again,
      >
      > Rob in not-so-windy Wisconsin
    • robrohdeszudy
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 14, 2005
        Hey Robb,

        Sure am glad to know you're OK.

        I kinda figured it was one of those corporate territory BS things.
        But I'll definitely scratch around for a surplus or used one. Maybe
        even just get a tractor to keep the engine and sell the parts.
        Another possibility is a water-cooled Kohler gas engine, but so far
        they seem to be as expensive as the diesel. But the weight is awesome
        at only 114 lbs.

        We'll see what I dig up, and thanks for the insight.

        Oh, I'm not sure if you saw the previous post, but I couldn't figure
        out what you used for an air purge valve. Does that need a valve to
        fill and another to purge, or do they make a valve that does both at
        the same time? I suppose it's the same as what they use on air
        shocks? Pardon my pneumatic ignorance!

        Thanks,
        --Rob