Re: Rescue Minor Kubota Diesel Source

  • robrohdeszudy
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 9, 2005
      Hey Robb,

      I hope all is well in your neck of the woods after all this hurricane
      business. Let me know if I can help.

      Can you tell me where you got a Kubota engine for the price you got it?
      I can't find anything under $3500! I'm assuming it was the D722E?

      Thanks yet again,

      Rob in not-so-windy Wisconsin
    • oldbingey
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 13, 2005
        Rob,

        Yeah, we are alright down here. Actually Dennis was much worse than
        Katrina in this section but we are still waiting our turn.

        That engine was the D722E (called D722N then). Kubota is funny. They
        have regional distributors who won't do business outside their
        territory. Another man was inquiring into one and asked me to check
        my distributor in NC and my price was higher than his in Fla. I
        can't remember what it was but this was about three years ago and
        maybe some $2,200 for the cheapest one. He finally searched around on
        the internet and found some for less than $1500 so he bought two. It
        was some surplus thing but the engines were identical to mine.

        I think you just have to scratch around. The main thing is that a
        basic engine is much cheaper than a marinized one.

        Good luck,

        Robb

        --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "robrohdeszudy"

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 14, 2005
          Hey Robb,

          Sure am glad to know you're OK.

          I kinda figured it was one of those corporate territory BS things.
          But I'll definitely scratch around for a surplus or used one. Maybe
          even just get a tractor to keep the engine and sell the parts.
          Another possibility is a water-cooled Kohler gas engine, but so far
          they seem to be as expensive as the diesel. But the weight is awesome
          at only 114 lbs.

          We'll see what I dig up, and thanks for the insight.

          Oh, I'm not sure if you saw the previous post, but I couldn't figure
          out what you used for an air purge valve. Does that need a valve to
          fill and another to purge, or do they make a valve that does both at
          the same time? I suppose it's the same as what they use on air
          shocks? Pardon my pneumatic ignorance!

          Thanks,
          --Rob