Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: Capt Orwell

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2005
      I think I'll call Dynamite Payson and see if we can come up with some way
      to make the Atkin Texas Dory plans more available (getting them on the
      internet, in other words), but I doubt that Mrs. Atkin would be interested
      in buying the rights from him.

      On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 01:14:22 -0000, Mike wrote:
      > Any chance those designs might come "home" and be sold here?
      >
      > Dewolfe
      >
      > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, jkohnen@b... wrote:
      > > John Atkin drew some boats for Capt. Jim Orrell's (sp?) Texas Dory
      > company.
      > > The deal was that Capt. Orrell had the rights to sell the plans,
      > not John A.
      > > Capt. Orrell went out of business years ago, but Dynamite Payson
      > bought the
      > > rights to sell the Texas Dory plans.

      Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that he
      sometimes has to eat them. <Adlai Stevenson>