Re: [AtkinBoats] Huskie Scow does it work?(Abused, no used)

  • lon wells
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 22, 2004
      --- Hugo Tyson <hhetyson@...> wrote:
      > What is it ?? !! Lon's Tug Boat looks insanely
      > bizzarre and heavily abused to say the least!!

      Those are war scars she is a old Army soldier or maybe
      She is a working girl and they look a little rough
      sometimes. My little tug is a old Army Corps Of
      Engineers Utility Launch. Every large dam has a
      similar tug as a basic work boat and mainly gathering
      logs before they go through the dam.

      Since I traded my steel scrap dealer, scrap steel from
      my fab shop for her. I really can not argue about her
      looks. She has a 453 Detroit Diesel with a 3 blade 24
      inch prop. I use her as a work boat to move
      boathouses,dock sections, gather logs and move my pile
      driver around.

      I took one of her props into Sheffield last spring and
      they showed me their stamp on it and told me they had
      worked on that prop in 1962. So all of those dings and
      dents are from moving logs for 40 plus years.
      Lon

      "Tubby the tugboat can huff and puff
      And push and pull to move big stuff.
      That's the sound of Tubby the tug;