Atkin Boats Port Townsend Festival?

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 30, 2005
      -------- Forwarded message --------
      Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 21:45:13 -0000
      From: "cartacreations" <cartacreations@...>
      To: jkohnen@...
      Subject: Re: Atkin Boats Port Townsend Festival?

      cool! I wish I wasn't on the complete other side of the country though.

      for anybody attending, please get lots of good pics of any atkin boats that turn up : )

      dave

      People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading.
      <Logan Pearsall Smith>
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 30, 2005
        We'll take what we can get for display boats. I'd sure like to see a Victor
        Slocum in the flesh too! <g>

        I don't know Mark Bright, but I emailed Bates and they got ahold of him.
        He's willing to show his Maud & Emeline, so it'll be next to our booth in
        September. :o)

        Maud & Emeline looks like a real nice skiff, you won't regret building her
        first for practice. She's a real useful kind of boat.

        On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 22:03:03 -0000, Dave wrote:
        > Any chance you know Marc Bright who built the Maud & Emeline at Bates?
        > Think he could be enticed to attend with said boat? I'm really interested
        > in seeing some examples of Atkins skiffs or even the Victor Slocum as
        > these are the boats I'm looking to build.

        It s a damn poor mind that can think of only one way to spell a word!
        <Attributed to Andrew Jackson>
      • brianincorv
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 30, 2005
          I won't be there, but for what it's worth I think the thing to show
          would be small working boats: skiffs and such. There will be a lot
          of fancy sailboats and varnish already. Go for the market that
          wants to build a good old boat to knock around in. But if you want
          to show a larger classic as well: the Ingrid. I believe it's an
          excellent example of an Atkin cruiser: simple, pure and functional.
          Just my two cents worth.

          > What examples of Atkin _plans_ would people like to see in person?
          We're
          > thinking of having a bunch of photos and some lines and
          sailplan/arrangement
          > drawings hanging on the walls of the booth.
          >
          > Where do you live Dave? I guess I'll see you at the Festival! :o)
          >
          > On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 16:11:54 -0000, Dave wrote:
          > > Please keep us posted on the Atkin booth. I would love to see
          some
          > > examples in person. And maybe next year, if you do it again,
          I'll even
          > have one to show : )
          > >
          > > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, jkohnen@b... wrote:
          > > >
          > > > http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2000/
          > > >
          > > > http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2001/
          > > >
          > > > http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2003/
          > > >
          > > > http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2004/
          >
          > --
          > John <jkohnen@b...>
          > http://www.boat-links.com/
          > Eels are said to kelter in the water when they wamble.
        • dmede808
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 1, 2005
            cool, maud & emeline will be there. it will be a great help to see one already put together
            and get some detail pics. hopefully i'll have her lofted by then at least, but it depends on
            home much longer my fiddlehead takes.

            looking forward to the show, and the atkin booth in particular!

            dave