Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: Atkin Boats Port Townsend Festival?

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 30, 2005
      What examples of Atkin _plans_ would people like to see in person? We're
      thinking of having a bunch of photos and some lines and sailplan/arrangement
      drawings hanging on the walls of the booth.

      Where do you live Dave? I guess I'll see you at the Festival! :o)

      On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 16:11:54 -0000, Dave wrote:
      > Please keep us posted on the Atkin booth. I would love to see some
      > examples in person. And maybe next year, if you do it again, I'll even
      have one to show : )

      > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, jkohnen@b... wrote:
      > >
      > > http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2000/
      > >
      > > http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2001/
      > >
      > > http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2003/
      > >
      > > http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2004/

      Eels are said to kelter in the water when they wamble.
    • dmede808
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 30, 2005
        Im in the SF bay area, Menlo Park specifically, so not too far hop for me. I may combine it
        with a job prospect trip... I'm itching to move further north.

        Any chance you know Marc Bright who built the Maud & Emeline at Bates? Think he could
        be enticed to attend with said boat? I'm really interested in seeing some examples of
        Atkins skiffs or even the Visctor Slocum as these are the boats I'm looking to build.

        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 30, 2005
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 30, 2005
            We'll take what we can get for display boats. I'd sure like to see a Victor
            Slocum in the flesh too! <g>

            I don't know Mark Bright, but I emailed Bates and they got ahold of him.
            He's willing to show his Maud & Emeline, so it'll be next to our booth in
            September. :o)

            Maud & Emeline looks like a real nice skiff, you won't regret building her
            first for practice. She's a real useful kind of boat.

            On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 22:03:03 -0000, Dave wrote:
            > Any chance you know Marc Bright who built the Maud & Emeline at Bates?
            > Think he could be enticed to attend with said boat? I'm really interested
            > in seeing some examples of Atkins skiffs or even the Victor Slocum as
            > these are the boats I'm looking to build.

            It s a damn poor mind that can think of only one way to spell a word!
            <Attributed to Andrew Jackson>
          • brianincorv
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 30, 2005
              I won't be there, but for what it's worth I think the thing to show
              would be small working boats: skiffs and such. There will be a lot
              of fancy sailboats and varnish already. Go for the market that
              wants to build a good old boat to knock around in. But if you want
              to show a larger classic as well: the Ingrid. I believe it's an
              excellent example of an Atkin cruiser: simple, pure and functional.
              Just my two cents worth.

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 1, 2005
                cool, maud & emeline will be there. it will be a great help to see one already put together
                and get some detail pics. hopefully i'll have her lofted by then at least, but it depends on
                home much longer my fiddlehead takes.

                looking forward to the show, and the atkin booth in particular!

                dave