Re: Atkin Boats Port Townsend Festival?

  • dmede808
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 30, 2005
      hmm, I replied to this yesterday but it never got posted. just as well since I mistakenly
      assumed this was about the WBF on the east coast. I think I may actually be able to attend
      this one! Cool. Please keep us posted on the Atkin booth. I would love to see some
      examples in person. And maybe next year, if you do it again, I'll even have one to show : )

      dave

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 30, 2005
        What examples of Atkin _plans_ would people like to see in person? We're
        thinking of having a bunch of photos and some lines and sailplan/arrangement
        drawings hanging on the walls of the booth.

        Where do you live Dave? I guess I'll see you at the Festival! :o)

        On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 16:11:54 -0000, Dave wrote:
        > Please keep us posted on the Atkin booth. I would love to see some
        > examples in person. And maybe next year, if you do it again, I'll even
        have one to show : )

        > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, jkohnen@b... wrote:
        > >
        > > http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2000/
        > >
        > > http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2001/
        > >
        > > http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2003/
        > >
        > > http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2004/

        Eels are said to kelter in the water when they wamble.
      • dmede808
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 30, 2005
          Im in the SF bay area, Menlo Park specifically, so not too far hop for me. I may combine it
          with a job prospect trip... I'm itching to move further north.

          Any chance you know Marc Bright who built the Maud & Emeline at Bates? Think he could
          be enticed to attend with said boat? I'm really interested in seeing some examples of
          Atkins skiffs or even the Visctor Slocum as these are the boats I'm looking to build.

          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 30, 2005
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 30, 2005
              We'll take what we can get for display boats. I'd sure like to see a Victor
              Slocum in the flesh too! <g>

              I don't know Mark Bright, but I emailed Bates and they got ahold of him.
              He's willing to show his Maud & Emeline, so it'll be next to our booth in
              September. :o)

              Maud & Emeline looks like a real nice skiff, you won't regret building her
              first for practice. She's a real useful kind of boat.

              On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 22:03:03 -0000, Dave wrote:
              > Any chance you know Marc Bright who built the Maud & Emeline at Bates?
              > Think he could be enticed to attend with said boat? I'm really interested
              > in seeing some examples of Atkins skiffs or even the Victor Slocum as
              > these are the boats I'm looking to build.

              It s a damn poor mind that can think of only one way to spell a word!
              <Attributed to Andrew Jackson>
            • brianincorv
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 30, 2005
                I won't be there, but for what it's worth I think the thing to show
                would be small working boats: skiffs and such. There will be a lot
                of fancy sailboats and varnish already. Go for the market that
                wants to build a good old boat to knock around in. But if you want
                to show a larger classic as well: the Ingrid. I believe it's an
                excellent example of an Atkin cruiser: simple, pure and functional.
                Just my two cents worth.

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 1, 2005
                  cool, maud & emeline will be there. it will be a great help to see one already put together
                  and get some detail pics. hopefully i'll have her lofted by then at least, but it depends on
                  home much longer my fiddlehead takes.

                  looking forward to the show, and the atkin booth in particular!

                  dave