Tunnel hull question ...

  • James Greene
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 11, 2005
      I'm thinking of building a tunnel hull boat and I know that Atkin boats
      (some of them anyways) are apparently very technologically advanced in
      terms of thelr tunnel hull designs. I'm hoping to build the most
      advanced design they offer ...

      Does Rescue Minor have the most technologically advanced tunnel hull
      design?

      James Greene
    • Mike Dolph
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 11, 2005
        Don't forget Meridian!

        --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne" <wtorry@v...> wrote:
        > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, Chris Kottaridis <chriskot@q...>
        > wrote:
        > > In Atkin's descritption of Ben Bow on the website it states:

        > > It is only during the last few years that I have been lucky
        enough
        > > design and have built four boats of much the same character,
        these
        > being
        > > Fore An' Aft, Magpie, Scorpio, and Sailho. All cutter rigged, all
        > short
        > > ended with a capital S, and all built under my nose, so to speak,
        > and
        > > all by the same builder. So I changed each in many ways to find
        out
        > what
        > > happened. And I found out.
        > >
        > > The fifth and the sixth of the same breed are now in the works;
        the
        > > former, however, will carry a yawl rig and the latter, another
        > cutter,
        > > is Ben Bow, shown herewith.
        > ---
        > >
        > > Anyone know what the "fifth" boat that will carry the yawl rig
        is ?
        > > --
        > > Chris Kottaridis <chriskot@q...>
        >
        > Interesting question. I read that page earlier today and didn't
        > notice the missing fifth boat. The plans catalog is not complete.
        > There are only two yawls, Lady Joan (smaller) and Pam (larger) in
        the
        > catalog. Lady Joan doesn't fit the Ben Bow profile. Pam is close,
        but
        > larger and doesn't have the short overhangs. Perhaps John knows.
        >
        > Wayne
        > In the Swamp.
      • Wayne
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 11, 2005
          --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Dolph" <jdolph@s...> wrote:

          > Don't forget Meridian!

          "All cutter rigged, all short ended with a capital S, and all built
          under my nose, so to speak, and all by the same builder."

          Thanks. I didn't search that far up the length scale. However, Pam and
          Meridian don't have the "short ended with a capital S" hull that Ben
          Bow and Fore 'N Aft share. I don't think the fifth boat made it into
          the catalog offerings.

          Not that it matters. Pam and Meridian are fine looking vessels to be
          sure.

          Wayne
          In the Swamp.