Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: First time build

    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 2, 2005
      I've heard that Tohatsu (that's what Nissan's really are) outboards have
      been used on work and fishing boats in Japan for years, and are highly
      regarded there. But these 4-strokes are something new. A friend of mine
      has a 4-horse 4-stroke Nissan, and apart from a clog in the carburettor
      once, it's been serving hum well. I think I'll be happy with mine. I sure
      liked the price!

      Whether I go with Sprite or Punch depends on how much of a speed demon I
      feel like. <g> Something Sprite's size would suit me most of the time, but
      the extra capacity of Punch would be nice occasionally -- and of course if I
      use that capacity Punch will go even slower with 5-horses pushing it...

      But first I have to get my Valgerda back in the water. I'm going too slow,
      and I doubt I'll have it ready for the Sucia Island rendezvous next month.
      Maybe it'll be done in time for the Port Townsend festival...

      On Sat, 28 May 2005 03:25:11 -0000, Lewis wrote:

      > I have a 16 year old 5 HP Long shaft Nissan, and it is a real work
      > horse. It has been used on everything from a 9 foot dingy, a 13 foot
      > transom sterned canoe, to a 18 or 19 foot local "panga" here on lake
      > Nicaragua. On the heavy panga, loaded to the gunnells with fishing
      > nets and firewood it still moved right along on regular 18 km trips
      > "to the city".

      Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. <Groucho Marx>