Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: First time build

    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 2, 2005
      I've got a manual for Palmer's Baby Husky and PW-27 (I've got one of those).
      I'll try to remember to dig it up and see if they give the weight of the BH.

      On Thu, 26 May 2005 17:19:50 -0400, Jon wrote:
      > What did a Palmer baby husky weigh?

      There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats.
      <Albert Schweitzer>
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 2, 2005
        I've heard that Tohatsu (that's what Nissan's really are) outboards have
        been used on work and fishing boats in Japan for years, and are highly
        regarded there. But these 4-strokes are something new. A friend of mine
        has a 4-horse 4-stroke Nissan, and apart from a clog in the carburettor
        once, it's been serving hum well. I think I'll be happy with mine. I sure
        liked the price!

        Whether I go with Sprite or Punch depends on how much of a speed demon I
        feel like. <g> Something Sprite's size would suit me most of the time, but
        the extra capacity of Punch would be nice occasionally -- and of course if I
        use that capacity Punch will go even slower with 5-horses pushing it...

        But first I have to get my Valgerda back in the water. I'm going too slow,
        and I doubt I'll have it ready for the Sucia Island rendezvous next month.
        Maybe it'll be done in time for the Port Townsend festival...

        On Sat, 28 May 2005 03:25:11 -0000, Lewis wrote:

        > I have a 16 year old 5 HP Long shaft Nissan, and it is a real work
        > horse. It has been used on everything from a 9 foot dingy, a 13 foot
        > transom sterned canoe, to a 18 or 19 foot local "panga" here on lake
        > Nicaragua. On the heavy panga, loaded to the gunnells with fishing
        > nets and firewood it still moved right along on regular 18 km trips
        > "to the city".

        Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. <Groucho Marx>