Re: [AtkinBoats] Bellerophon

    Message 1 of 4 , May 25, 2005
      Welcome aboard Marcio!

      Bellerophon is a BIG 25-footer. I don't know if any have been built, but she
      sure looks like she'd be a good sea boat. Bellerophon's construction is old-
      fashioned plank on frame (she was designed around 1937). V-bottom
      construction isn't much easier than round-bottom construction, but a skilled
      amateur could build her. But she is BIG for her length, which means it'll
      take longer, and cost more, to build her than a smaller boat.

      If you haven't built any boats before, you really should build a small boat
      first.

      Good luck! I hope you build a Bellerophon someday!

      On Tue, 17 May 2005 17:00:25 -0000, Marcio wrote:
      > Hello
      >
      > I would like to talk about the stout Atkin motor-sailer Bellerophon. If
      > she would be doable by a skilled amateur and if this deep "V" single
      > shine boat in a good sea boat (I believe it will be). The intention is
      > to do some long costal cruisers here in South America. The interest on
      > a motor sailer is because long rivers cruisers (Amazon and Prata
      > basins) are a must do in this side of world.

      Never board a ship without an onion, is sound doctrine.
      <H. W. Tilman>