Slopoke or Nautilus Houseboats

  • tateanator
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4 11:08 AM
      Anyone ever built the Slopoke or Nautilus houseboats? I think the Slopoke is a beautiful
      design and prefer it to the Nautilus, but don't know if my amateur carpenters can build it!
      How long would a wooden hull like this last?
      I live in the south and would like to live year round on a houseboat. Anyone with this
      experience?
      thanks
      Tateanator
    • craig o'donnell
      Message 2 of 2 , May 4 4:55 PM
        Anyone ever built the Slopoke or Nautilus houseboats? I think the Slopoke
        is a beautiful
        design and prefer it to the Nautilus, but don't know if my amateur
        carpenters can build it!
        How long would a wooden hull like this last?
        I live in the south and would like to live year round on a houseboat.
        Anyone with this
        experience?
        thanks
        Tateanator

        Find Joe McWilliams' shantyboat pages, then.
        --
        Craig O'Donnell
        Sinepuxent Ancestors & Boats