Re: Alajuela or Eric

  • Wayne
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 9, 2005
      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Tilikum" <snookwis@y...> wrote:

      ...I sold my little Eric Jr. (actually almost gave it away) the new
      owners
      > completly removed the deck and are adding 6" to the sheer. They are
      excellent
      > boat workers, will be interesting to see the results of such a
      change. Thanks...

      They may be excellent workers. I hope for their sakes they know what
      they are doing when they add that much to the topsides. Could be great.
      Could be trouble.

      Wayne
      In the Swamp.
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 12, 2005
        If your friend wants a fiberglass boat the Westsail 32 is pretty much a FG
        Eric (the original builder even paid royalties to the Atkins). Though it
        really started as a fiberglass Thistle, only a few were made with the raised
        deck before they switched to an Eric-like trunk cabin.

        Congratulations on selling your Eric, Jr. But what they're doing is a
        terrible thing to to do to a pretty boat loke that. :o(

        On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 17:41:38 -0000, Tilkum wrote:

        > Hi, Don't know if i spelled it correctly, but i have a friend looking for
        an Alujuela or
        > an Eric, to buy. Does anyone out there have any information on these or
        know of
        > any for sale? I sold my little Eric Jr. (actually almost gave it away)
        the new owners
        > completly removed the deck and are adding 6" to the sheer. They are
        excellent
        > boat workers, will be interesting to see the results of such a change.
        Thanks...

        I must say I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it
        on, I go to the library and read a good book. <Groucho Marx>