Alajuela or Eric

  • Tilikum
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 9, 2005
      Hi, Don't know if i spelled it correctly, but i have a friend looking for an Alujuela or
      an Eric, to buy. Does anyone out there have any information on these or know of
      any for sale? I sold my little Eric Jr. (actually almost gave it away) the new owners
      completly removed the deck and are adding 6" to the sheer. They are excellent
      boat workers, will be interesting to see the results of such a change. Thanks...
    • Bruce Elfstrom
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 9, 2005
        Hello. The Eric and the Alejuela are both Aktkin designs, but not the
        same. The Eric is smaller and finer in lines, the Alejuela is based on
        the Ingrid (by William Atkin), it is a 38 foot boat. Atkin's Ingrid
        was the basis of two glass boats, one the Alajuela and the other the
        Blue Water Ingrid by James Musser. The Alaj. was a bit more ballasted
        than the Ingrid.

        But anyway Are you looking for a wood or glass boat? I ask because by
        some odd chance I just looked at an Ingrid today with my brother. She
        is the Blue Water in glass and set iup for some serois cruising.

        Have not seen and Eric for a bit, but I have seen a few Atkin double
        enders around for sale in the $30000- $50000. The Atkin Three Eleven
        was similar to what you are asking about too.

        Let me know---please e-mail me at Bioelf@...
      • Wayne
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 9, 2005
          --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Tilikum" <snookwis@y...> wrote:

          ...I sold my little Eric Jr. (actually almost gave it away) the new
          owners
          > completly removed the deck and are adding 6" to the sheer. They are
          excellent
          > boat workers, will be interesting to see the results of such a
          change. Thanks...

          They may be excellent workers. I hope for their sakes they know what
          they are doing when they add that much to the topsides. Could be great.
          Could be trouble.

          Wayne
          In the Swamp.
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 12, 2005
            If your friend wants a fiberglass boat the Westsail 32 is pretty much a FG
            Eric (the original builder even paid royalties to the Atkins). Though it
            really started as a fiberglass Thistle, only a few were made with the raised
            deck before they switched to an Eric-like trunk cabin.

            Congratulations on selling your Eric, Jr. But what they're doing is a
            terrible thing to to do to a pretty boat loke that. :o(

            On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 17:41:38 -0000, Tilkum wrote:

            > Hi, Don't know if i spelled it correctly, but i have a friend looking for
            an Alujuela or
            > an Eric, to buy. Does anyone out there have any information on these or
            know of
            > any for sale? I sold my little Eric Jr. (actually almost gave it away)
            the new owners
            > completly removed the deck and are adding 6" to the sheer. They are
            excellent
            > boat workers, will be interesting to see the results of such a change.
            Thanks...

            I must say I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it
            on, I go to the library and read a good book. <Groucho Marx>