Thoughts On Study Plans for “Little Water”

  • Lewis E. Gordon
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2005
      I had to order the study plans for Little Water just to see what a
      well-developed tunnel stern Seabright skiff looked like. Now that I
      see it, I know I cannot build this boat. I knew the weight (5,000
      pounds! where does it come from?) and power requirements (75-90 HP)
      were in excess of what I wanted; but I had no idea that the chine
      profile at the aft end was so unusual. The only was I can describe it
      is that it looks like the lower section of a set of lungs with your
      diaphragm defining the tunnel.

      A beautiful boat for it's stated usage (fishing), but I want a little
      more cabin accommodations for limited cruising. "Little Water" should
      be able to handle the conditions on lake Nicaragua with ease. It would
      be a piece of cake for someone of Robb White's talents to build, but I
      know it is much more that I can tackle.

      Lewis