Re: [AtkinBoats] fiberglass and epoxy

  • terry lesh
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 14, 2005
      I haven't priced Duckworks epoxy, but www.jgreer.com has a good product, Aeromarine Epoxy, about $50/5 qt kit. Smells good too. I have used about all of the epoxy products, including Raka. Never had a problem with any of them. Right now I am into the Aeromarine stuff. It is foolproof and has no curing problems. If you talk nice to them they will through in the pumps.

      Terry Lesh

      eric S <u23b_2311@...> wrote:

      Try

      WWW.raka.com
      or
      http://www.uscomposites.com

      My few words of epoxy wisdom.

      Understand what type of epoxy you need. You may want
      use a longer cure time to get more working time.

      The epoxy pumps are sort of a waste for exact
      measuring. They tend to spit. So you end up having to
      measure

      Buy some of the plastic scrapers. You need them for
      working the epoxy.

      Buy the fibreglass tape instead of trying to cut
      fabric into strips. The enges will unravel and drive
      you crazy. It you do cut strips cut at a 45 degree
      angle to the weave as this dimishes the unravel.

      Buy a bunch of disposable gloves. It you buy latex
      gloves the kids will find them and make them into
      baloons.

      eric s

      --- jsb122100 <jsb122100@...> wrote:

      > can anyone recomend agood inexpensive product and
      > were i could get
      > it

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

      <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
      document.write('');

    • lon wells
      Message 2 of 5 , May 18, 2006
        From Robb White's web site http://www.robbwhite.com/

        A writer and boat-builder in Thomasville, Georgia, and
        Dog Island, Florida, Robb White died May 16, 2006. He
        was born June 4, 1941. He graduated from Thomasville
        High School and served in the United States Navy from
        1960-1963. He attended Florida State University and
        graduated in biology from Valdosta State College. He
        taught science in Franklin County for 10 years.

        He is survived by his wife, Jane, his sons and
        daughters-in-law, Wes and Erin White and Sam and Pam
        White, their children, Rosalie, Will, Neil, Rebecca
        Jane, Claudia, and Allison, and his sisters Barbara
        and June.

        At Robbs request, after cremation his family will lay
        him to rest without ceremony. Memorial contributions
        may be made to:

        Birdsong Nature Center
        2106 Meridian Rd
        Thomasville, GA 31792
        BirdsongNC@...

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • sals_dad
        Message 3 of 5 , May 18, 2006
          I heard from Robb the other day:

          " I am fixing to have to go into the hospital on Tuesday morning and
          when (If?) I get the hell out of there, I am going, dammit, to the
          coast and ain't coming back until I get good and dadblamed ready so
          email will be spotty at best. "

          I never met Robb, but through his writings, and profound wisdom about
          all things on the water, he became important in my life... I will miss
          him.

          Curtis