fiberglass and epoxy

  • jsb122100
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 13, 2005
      can anyone recomend agood inexpensive product and were i could get
      it
    • eric S
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 14, 2005
        Try

        WWW.raka.com
        or
        http://www.uscomposites.com

        My few words of epoxy wisdom.

        Understand what type of epoxy you need. You may want
        use a longer cure time to get more working time.

        The epoxy pumps are sort of a waste for exact
        measuring. They tend to spit. So you end up having to
        measure

        Buy some of the plastic scrapers. You need them for
        working the epoxy.

        Buy the fibreglass tape instead of trying to cut
        fabric into strips. The enges will unravel and drive
        you crazy. It you do cut strips cut at a 45 degree
        angle to the weave as this dimishes the unravel.

        Buy a bunch of disposable gloves. It you buy latex
        gloves the kids will find them and make them into
        baloons.

        eric s

        --- jsb122100 <jsb122100@...> wrote:

        > can anyone recomend agood inexpensive product and
        > were i could get
        > it

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • terry lesh
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 14, 2005
          I haven't priced Duckworks epoxy, but www.jgreer.com has a good product, Aeromarine Epoxy, about $50/5 qt kit. Smells good too. I have used about all of the epoxy products, including Raka. Never had a problem with any of them. Right now I am into the Aeromarine stuff. It is foolproof and has no curing problems. If you talk nice to them they will through in the pumps.

          Terry Lesh

          --- jsb122100 <jsb122100@...> wrote:

          > can anyone recomend agood inexpensive product and
          > were i could get
          > it

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

          <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
          document.write('');

        • lon wells
          Message 4 of 5 , May 18, 2006
            From Robb White's web site http://www.robbwhite.com/

            A writer and boat-builder in Thomasville, Georgia, and
            Dog Island, Florida, Robb White died May 16, 2006. He
            was born June 4, 1941. He graduated from Thomasville
            High School and served in the United States Navy from
            1960-1963. He attended Florida State University and
            graduated in biology from Valdosta State College. He
            taught science in Franklin County for 10 years.

            He is survived by his wife, Jane, his sons and
            daughters-in-law, Wes and Erin White and Sam and Pam
            White, their children, Rosalie, Will, Neil, Rebecca
            Jane, Claudia, and Allison, and his sisters Barbara
            and June.

            At Robbs request, after cremation his family will lay
            him to rest without ceremony. Memorial contributions
            may be made to:

            Birdsong Nature Center
            2106 Meridian Rd
            Thomasville, GA 31792
            BirdsongNC@...

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • sals_dad
            Message 5 of 5 , May 18, 2006
              I heard from Robb the other day:

              " I am fixing to have to go into the hospital on Tuesday morning and
              when (If?) I get the hell out of there, I am going, dammit, to the
              coast and ain't coming back until I get good and dadblamed ready so
              email will be spotty at best. "

              I never met Robb, but through his writings, and profound wisdom about
              all things on the water, he became important in my life... I will miss
              him.

              Curtis