Re: [AtkinBoats] I ordered the Russell R. planset

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 16, 2005
      Russell R's lines are to the outside of the planking. You'll have to loft
      the hull (draw the lines full-size) before building. Not a big deal with
      such a simple shape.

      Sounds like a great adventure! :o) In that hot, sticky climate I think I'd
      like a variation on the canvas cabin shown in the Russell R. plans, with lots
      of bug-screened windows for ventilation, rather than a stuffy solid cabin.

      On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 07:08:45 -0000, John D wrote:
      > I have a few questions about Russel R.
      >
      > Are lines drawn to outside of hull?
      > My plan is to build Russel R. in Brazil and camp cruise the Pantanal;
      > then sell the whole kit when I'm finished.
      > My Portugese is getting quite a workout; I'm try to gain more marine
      > vocabulary:-)

      People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading.
      <Logan Pearsall Smith>