Re: WB Jan/Feb 2005 - Atkins Seabright Skiff for sale

  • nccummins
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 8, 2005
      This is the boat which I refered to in my query about boat ads,
      dated 12-29-04. My dad built it and, in the process, became fast
      freinds with John and Pat Atkin. I have a complete description and
      photos, if anyone is interested. nccummins@...

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 21, 2005
        Do you have any photos of the boat you could post to the files section?
        That's a considerably larger boat than Big Surprise, which is only 21' long.

        Speaking of Big Surprise, I got a note from Mrs. Atkin about that design,
        "About BIG SURPRISE - John would never sell the plans, as he felt she was
        too tender unless built exactly as designed! I have a note in his hand,
        saying 'do not sell.'"

        On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 21:18:20 -0000, you wrote:

        > This is the boat which I refered to in my query about boat ads,
        > dated 12-29-04. My dad built it and, in the process, became fast
        > freinds with John and Pat Atkin. I have a complete description and
        > photos, if anyone is interested. nccummins@...

        When I think of the number of disagreeable people that I know have gone
        to a better world, I am sure hell won't be so bad at all. <Mark Twain>
      • Lewis E. Gordon
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 22, 2005
          John,

          Thanks for the info about Big Surprise. Sorry the plans won't be
          available, but the designer knows best! And I too would like to see
          the photos of the larger boat.