WB Jan/Feb 2005 - Atkins Seabright Skiff for sale

  • Lewis E. Gordon
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2005
      If anyone posted this already, I missed it and am sorry.

      Just picked up my Wooden Boat for Jan/Feb at the mail forwarded
      office, and found a nice suppplement of their Boats for Sale. First
      thing I spotted was this ad:

      John Atkin 28' Seabright Skiff, with
      trailer. Needs cosmetic work. 65-hp
      Isuzu diesel. Inside Passage veteran.
      $6,ooo. Request equipment list/
      photos. Neil. 909-391-1939 or
      <nccummins@...>.

      Hope I didn't make any typos in the above.

      Best wishes to all in this new year,
      Lewis
    • nccummins
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 8, 2005
        This is the boat which I refered to in my query about boat ads,
        dated 12-29-04. My dad built it and, in the process, became fast
        freinds with John and Pat Atkin. I have a complete description and
        photos, if anyone is interested. nccummins@...

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 21, 2005
          Do you have any photos of the boat you could post to the files section?
          That's a considerably larger boat than Big Surprise, which is only 21' long.

          Speaking of Big Surprise, I got a note from Mrs. Atkin about that design,
          "About BIG SURPRISE - John would never sell the plans, as he felt she was
          too tender unless built exactly as designed! I have a note in his hand,
          saying 'do not sell.'"

          On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 21:18:20 -0000, you wrote:

          > This is the boat which I refered to in my query about boat ads,
          > dated 12-29-04. My dad built it and, in the process, became fast
          > freinds with John and Pat Atkin. I have a complete description and
          > photos, if anyone is interested. nccummins@...

          When I think of the number of disagreeable people that I know have gone
          to a better world, I am sure hell won't be so bad at all. <Mark Twain>
        • Lewis E. Gordon
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 22, 2005
            John,

            Thanks for the info about Big Surprise. Sorry the plans won't be
            available, but the designer knows best! And I too would like to see
            the photos of the larger boat.